The first full year of publication of Dan’s acclaimed major work continues to see overwhelming response, with the piece already in its third printing, in its first year, and performances scheduled in venues across America and on five of the seven continents. (Anyone in Australia or Antarctica interested?)
We will highlight a few performances here (including performances that Dan will attend). We regret that we are unable to list all performances here, due to high volume; but we encourage choirs performing the Requiem to post information (venue, time, ticket information, etc) in a comment under this post, for all to see!
- November 10, 2014, African premiere: performance in Pretoria, South Africa, by the Armonia Chamber Singers, conducted by Schalk van der Merwe.
- January 16, 2015- Asian premiere in Manila, Philippines.
- Feb 3, 2015- Hong Kong premiere by Hong Kong University Students’ Union Choir, at their 47th Anniversary Concert, 8 PM at Hong Kong City Hall Concert Hall.
- May 9, 2015- Performance by Brevard Community Chorus, east central Florida. Dan will be in residence.
- May 16-17, 2015- Cantata Singers of Elmira, NY, where Dan was born and raised. (The choir’s regular accompanist is Dan’s high school piano teacher, Frances McLaren.)
- Jan 19, 2016: Performance in Carnegie Hall, conducted by Jamie Meaders. Contact DCINY for details on participating as an individual or as a choir, or for participating on the other half of the program, including Te Deum, in paradisum, and other Forrest works, conducted by Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe.
- May 28, 2016: Performance in Carnegie Hall, with Dan conducting. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for more details on participating as an individual or as a choir.
- Early June, 2016: Performance in Florence, Italy, with Dan conducting. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for more details on participating as an individual or as a choir.